The recorded lectures are made available on our YouTube-channel!
These are the Alumni Days for the Department of Game Design. Our amazing former students returns for three days at the end of every year, to share their experiences and insights.
You are welcome to drop in to any talk – we are in the Almedalen Library. Full program available here:
EDIT: (most) presentations are now available on our YouTube-channel!
Here’s the program for your copy-pasting pleasures. It is tentative, though, as talks might be brought forward or delayed.
- 14 December, Thursday
- 10.30 “Martin Greip” – CEO, Eat Create Sleep
- 13.00 “Teddy Sjöström” – CEO, Pixel Ferrets
- 14.15 “Victor Magnuson” – Game Designer, Fatshark
- 15.00 “Niklas Eneqvist” – Prop Art, Ass. Art Team Manager, Fatshark
- 15 December, Friday
- 10.00 “Kim Aava & Karin Bruér” – 3D Artist & Art Director, Fast Travel Games
- 10.30 “Portfolio Review” – Kim & Karin, Fast Travel Games
- 13.00 “Robin Flodin” – CEO, Toadman Interactive
- 14.15 “Rabi Afram” – QA Dev Manager, King
- 15.30 “Niklas Norin” – Lead AI & Combat designer, Avalanche Studios
- 16 December, Saturday
- 12.30 “Ylva Ljungqvist” – 2D Artist, Paradox Development Studio
- 13.45 “Joakim Andreasson” – Game Designer, Paradox Development Studio
- 15.00 “Pernilla Sparrhult” – Producer, Paradox Interactive
- 19.30 Doors open at Ringi
- 20.00 Alumnipanel & Party
A bunch of us in the GAME Department – Magnus Johansson, Adam Mayes, Jakob Berglund, Ulf Benjaminsson and Danielle Uneus (student rep) – visited the “Sweden” Game Conference in Skövde this week. We went primarily to network and meet friends, old and new. Brie Code – who in large parts was the inspiration for last years’ Gotland Game Conference theme – was there.
As was Åsa Roos, Constance Steinkuehler, Jonas Linderoth and of course Jenny Brusk – all good friends of the department.
We got to know Malena Klaus (programmer / inventor at ustwo), Henrik Jonsson (Senior Developer at Ghost Games, spearhead of IGDA Sweden) and Josefin Westborg (founder of LajvByran) – all of whom will likely bolster the ranks of our GGC Jury next year. It was also a nice surprise to see so many alumni – on the show floor, in the audience and even as graduates who continued on to do a masters degree in Skövde!
All in all, a weekend a well spent!
All* the presentations and the Award Ceremony are finally available on our YouTube-channel. Even better – if you prefer reading you can click through these links to find a) a description and the video for each talk and b) our live twitter coverage of each talk. Highly recommended!
- Platform Pressures and Perils by Chris Franklin
- From Porn to Love: Games’ Growing Up! by Doris C. Rusch
- Vulvas on the Tablet: Cunt Touch This by Sabine Harrer
- Human Rights and Virtual Worlds by Richard A Bartle
- Grief-Based Game Design by Sabine Harrer
- Interrogating Empathy: Alternative Models of (Queer) Feeling in Games
The Awards Ceremony
Best 1st Year Project: Pump The Frog
Best 2nd Year Project: Somnium
Best 3rd Year Project: Penny’s Farm
Pwnage: Pump The Frog
Cha-Ching!: Pump The Frog
Innovation Award: Grave Call
Students’ Choice: Penny’s Farm
Almedalen Library Award: Pump The Frog
Alumni of The Year: Pernilla Sparrhult and Joakim Andreason
Bighuge THANKS to all of our speakers, faculty and students for making the GGC such a great experience this year!
* (all presentations but one: Adam Mayes’ “M for Mature” unfortunately had technical issues, and the recording was unrecoverable.)