Every student in the Game Design programs is required to maintain a public work blog. You provide us with an RSS-feed to your school related posts and our system will allow us to track your work and keep on top of your efforts. You will be given specific instructions on how to use the blog in each course.
A student is free to use whatever blogging platform she feel comfortable with, provided that platform serves up nicely formated, standardized blog feeds and allows commenting. We strongly recommend wordpress.com. You can use your pre-existing blog if you want – just set up a category for school and give us the feed to that category.
A couple of important points:
- Here’s how to find your feed link.
- TEST YOUR LINK! We want your feed, not your site. Hint: if the URL doesn’t contain “feed”, “rss” or “rdf”, you’re doing it wrong.
- Each course will require it’s own (sub)category in your blog – named after the course code.
- – using the format off our official course listing: “5SD001“, “5SD033” etc.
- This is so we can organize your posts in our system.
- Don’t give a feed for a single course. Do use the site-wide feed or create a “parent category” to hold all your different courses.
If we can not access your blog without creating an account, it is not a valid work blog.
Made a mistake? Just fill the form in again, using the same email and student ID.
This form is manually checked. You will get an email when your site has been processed, letting you know how it went.
If you have any questions, contact Ulf Benjaminsson. Make sure you have read this entire page first.