… well, spoke rather, as TEDx Uppsala University took place a few months back. But the recordings were just made available so here goes!
Our own Patrick Prax ventured off island back in November to give a talk about co-creation in gaming – how players literally help build the games they play. In it he situates play and modding as important and deeply social forms of cultural participation. The talk highlights often-neglected parts of gaming (such as; community-driven research and development) and points out a potential tension between that and the commercial interests of rights-holders.
The recorded lectures are made available on our YouTube-channel!
These are the Alumni Days for the Department of Game Design. Our amazing former students returns for three days at the end of every year, to share their experiences and insights.
You are welcome to drop in to any talk – we are in the Almedalen Library. Full program available here:
EDIT: (most) presentations are now available on our YouTube-channel!
Here’s the program for your copy-pasting pleasures. It is tentative, though, as talks might be brought forward or delayed.
- 14 December, Thursday
- 10.30 “Martin Greip” – CEO, Eat Create Sleep
- 13.00 “Teddy Sjöström” – CEO, Pixel Ferrets
- 14.15 “Victor Magnuson” – Game Designer, Fatshark
- 15.00 “Niklas Eneqvist” – Prop Art, Ass. Art Team Manager, Fatshark
- 15 December, Friday
- 10.00 “Kim Aava & Karin Bruér” – 3D Artist & Art Director, Fast Travel Games
- 10.30 “Portfolio Review” – Kim & Karin, Fast Travel Games
- 13.00 “Robin Flodin” – CEO, Toadman Interactive
- 14.15 “Rabi Afram” – QA Dev Manager, King
- 15.30 “Niklas Norin” – Lead AI & Combat designer, Avalanche Studios
- 16 December, Saturday
- 12.30 “Ylva Ljungqvist” – 2D Artist, Paradox Development Studio
- 13.45 “Joakim Andreasson” – Game Designer, Paradox Development Studio
- 15.00 “Pernilla Sparrhult” – Producer, Paradox Interactive
- 19.30 Doors open at Ringi
- 20.00 Alumnipanel & Party