Join us in the water (you will be soon anyway…)! The world is burning, and Gotland being swallowed by the sea. As Campus Gotland will be under water soon we might as well get used to lectures in the water right now!
Put on your swimming gear, bring a towel, and join us for a climate protest and a swimming lecture on digital games and (un-)sustainability.
- Wednesday 11th of September at 11:00 at Kallbadhuset Visby
Despite how often game developers talk about games for sustainability and social change, we tend to close our eyes tightly to the ways in which games are contributing, materially and culturally, to this catastrophe. Patrick Prax, at the Department of Game Design, will explain why this is and what we can do.
- This lecture is open to the general public but will be particularly relevant to students at Campus Gotland who are interested in questions of sustainable development and/or game design.
- No previous knowledge is required.
- The lecture will be in English and is expected to take 30-45 minutes.
- For questions please contact: Patrick Prax