This is the third of six newsletters that are created for all staff and students active at the Department of Game Design, three issues per semester. Staff can review the newsletters on the Staff Portal to receive more details there. Students are welcome to submit news, too, so send your news to: gamedesign [at] speldesign [dot] uu [dot] se.
Another former students has applied to come and talk at the Alumni Days. Might & Delight lead programmer Jens Berglind will give a design talk outlining their studios approach to designing chill- and emphatic games. The studio is perhaps best known for Shelter 1 and Shelter 2, Meadow and is currently running a kickstarter for their new game; Book of Travels.
The full line-up so far:
- Marcus Ingvarsson, Lead Designer at Zoink
- Albertina Sparrhult, Agile Project Manager at King
- Sebastian Larsson, Level Designer at Tarsier
- Esteban Soto, Level Designer at Image & Form
- Nina Moritz, Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft
- Erik Starander, Environment Artist at The Outsiders
- Kim Aava, Lead 3D Artist at DICE
- Maria Norkvist, Lead 3D Artist at DICE
- Alex Untoro, Design Teacher at PlaygroundSquad
- Jens Berglind, Lead Programmer, Might & Delight
You get to meet them all at the Alumni Days on Campus Gotland, 5-6th December.