Sjoerd De Jong – lead designer and developer of The Ball, and founder of Teotl Studios – is coming here this week for two reasons: first to give you guys feedback on the levels you’ve produced since his last visit, and second; to give two lectures.
Thursday, 22nd April (10:00 – 17:00, E31)
- Feedback from Sjoerd
Friday, 23rd April
Lecture 1: The Ball (10.00-12.00, B51)
- A look at an alpha build and introduction to the game and story
- History of the project
- How we work and organize ourselves
- Efficient Design – Why a ball?
- The concept and gameplay analyzed
- The pacing and balance of the game.
- The Art Style
Lecture 2: Working in the Games Industry (13.00-15.00, B51)
- How I started and how I got to where I am today
- Whats good about working in the games industry
- Whats bad about working in the games industry – The problems
- The challenges of the future and how the games industry is constantly evolving
- Small companies compared to large companies
- How to break into the industry and get hold of your first job.