Edit. we’ve moved all current program- and course listings online since this post was made. There is currently no printed course catalog to order.
The Swedish Minister for Communications – Åsa Torstensson – came to Gotland to inaugurate our brand spanking new motion capture studio in the Visby harbour!
Motion capture (mocap for short) is the process of recording movement and translating that movement onto a digital model. Our new studio features 12 Eagle-cameras covering an area of 35m² (7×5), and is able to track multiple concurrent actors with millimetre precision. It’s a proven set-up used in many games and movies.
The new studio represent a handsome investment of 3.5 million kronor for our students to
abuse – garnering attention enough to have Swedish radio and television join the the enthusiastic mob as Torstensson cut the ribbon.
Direct links to the radio interviews (Swedish only, sorry):
Ernest is here for two days, to kick off 2009 with lectures and workshops. These photos are from the mini-workshop on Fundamental Principles of Game Design that Adams had with our first year students. After a lecture on the subject the groups have one hour to create the primary gameplay mode of a new game, and present it to the class.
The intensity of the mini-workshop really brings out the creative juices ((… rapid is a state of mind, article on rapid prototyping from The Experimental Gameplay project)), and Adams leading the discussion around the presentations at the end of the day provides our junior developers with insights on a biblical scale. 🙂
Xmas is coming (even here on Gotland) so we felt it’d be nice to combine the Alumni Day with a proper party! The festivities were held in our new offices and motion capture studio in Björkanderska. With student games on display and a little help from DJ Mr Miyagi, some friends from the industry and our students (present and former) we wrecked that place six ways from sunday! 🙂
- John G. Locke – VFX and Post Production Supervisor – PIXAR – Mystic Effects
- John Klepper – Managing Director – Northern Light Studios
- Martin Ekdal – CEO – Donya Labs
- Steven Hammans – Producer – Burning Man Studios
- Emma Mellander – Project Coordinator – Nordicgame
- Aimée Kreuger – President – Sverok
- Anders “Saint” Ekermo – Programmer at Starbreeze Studios
- Mats Andersson – Producer/ Game Design at Avalanche Studios
- Heidi Nikunen – Associate Producer at Avalanche Studios
- Andreas Wieslander – Production Manager at Burning Man Studios
- Annika Fogelgren – Founder and production manager at Cherrytech Studios