The 2019 Gotland Game Conference was a great success. We managed to pull in a record-breaking 983 attendees to play test the student games and participate in a discussion on how to have a stable career in an industry which doesn’t seem to offer one.
Nearly 40 experts volunteered to work on the jury – traveling to Visby for three days of intense play testing and mentoring. They play, the give feedback and they spend an inordinate amount of time every evening debating what they have experienced, before they’re able to narrow down the final award line-up.
The award winners 2019:
- Best Exhibition: Vincere
- The Social Game Award: Flubbermonkeys
- The Almedalen Library Award: Pangolin Party
- Best Arcade Experience: SnowDown
- Alumni of the Year: Jona Marklund
- Excellence in Storytelling: Candle Detective
- Best Art Direction: Candle Detective
- The Innovation Award: Neck ‘n’ Neck
- Students Choice: Argelite
- Public Choice: Itty Bitty Kitty RUN
- Jury Spotlight: Cast by Light
- Jury Spotlight: Argelite
- Best in Show: Flubbermonkeys
The full set of event photos are available in the Facebook gallery!