For soon-to-be three years, the Educators Summit has created a space to discuss the work and subjects that we collectively fly under the banner of game education. We have looked at teaching, research, outreach to industry and how to form a closer bond with each other.
The 2019 Gotland Game Conference was a great success. We managed to pull in a record-breaking 983 attendees to play test the student games and participate in a discussion on how to have a stable career in an industry which doesn’t seem to offer one.
Nearly 40 experts volunteered to work on the jury – traveling to Visby for three days of intense play testing and mentoring. They play, the give feedback and they spend an inordinate amount of time every evening debating what they have experienced, before they’re able to narrow down the final award line-up.
The award winners 2019:
- Best Exhibition: Vincere
- The Social Game Award: Flubbermonkeys
- The Almedalen Library Award: Pangolin Party
- Best Arcade Experience: SnowDown
- Alumni of the Year: Jona Marklund
- Excellence in Storytelling: Candle Detective
- Best Art Direction: Candle Detective
- The Innovation Award: Neck ‘n’ Neck
- Students Choice: Argelite
- Public Choice: Itty Bitty Kitty RUN
- Jury Spotlight: Cast by Light
- Jury Spotlight: Argelite
- Best in Show: Flubbermonkeys
The full set of event photos are available in the Facebook gallery!
Congrats to the team, and well played!
Curious about what else GAME students have won? Check out the award database! It lists all awards won by students from the Department of Game Design – international, national and regional. Alumni of the Year is listed separately (as is the alumni statistics – if you want to check out what type of jobs our students end up in).